kutztown_historypage

Kutztown History

Begun as Burkholder’s Meats in the 1940s, we were a family custom butcher shop that delighted ┬áneighbors with their specialty meats and Lebanon Bolognas.

After Purchase by Jerry Landuyt in the fall of 1979, The company soon became known as Kutztown. Through the 1980s Kutztown expanded its line to include a rainbow of ring bolognas, inspired by old world European recipes. We also won several county and state small business awards and even two guiness book records for the largest Lebanon Bolognas produced at 800 and 1200 pounds respectively.

Since our acquisition by Godshall’s Quality Meats, the future has been even brighter as Kutztown expands its product line, production and reach, while still maintaining the family recipes and values that have always been our hallmark.